Housing Information

If you are homeless, being threatened with eviction or repossession, in a dispute with your landlord over your tenancy or the condition of your property, or are struggling to get your deposit back from a previous landlord, the pages and organisations below may be able to help.

If you are in rented accommodation, the best place to start is to know what type of tenancy you have. This is because different tenancies give different rights. If you don't know what your tenancy is, or want help to find out what your rights are, you should seek advice. If you are threatened with possession proceedings or eviction, or you have been asked to leave your property, you should seek advice immediately, and bring all your paperwork you have with you.

If you are homeless, you may be able to get help in securing emergency or short-term accommodation or get assistance with food or clothing from some of the partner agencies:

If you have a Housing issue there is information and details of advice providers available below.

General Housing Advice Providers what's this?

Cherry Tree Community Association
The mission of The Cherry Tree Community association is to provide top quality legal advice and assistance in welfare benefits, debt advice, consumer advice, employment advice and advocacy in order to set the best outcome for our clients.
Citizens Advice, Hull and East Riding
Citizens Advice, Hull and East Riding is an independent charity providing free advice for the problems people face, helping them find a way forward
Hull Advice
Hull Advice is part of Hull City Council's Customer Service team. It provides a drop in service for Hull residents that gives advice on a whole range of issues including benefits, debt, housing, family, community care and employment. The Hull Advice team works on behalf of the customer, even if the customer has a dispute with the Council.
The Warren
We are a free, city centre based, city wide service available to all young people aged 14 - 25 years.

Housing Information Advice Providers what's this?

Age UK Hull
Age UK Hull: promoting independent living and active ageing in Hull, and local services for local people.
British Red Cross
We are a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
The money advice team are available to help any resident in the East Riding struggling with rent and/or council tax payments or repaying overpaid housing benefit.